Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 is a one-part, high strength, polyurethane that chemically reacts with moisture to deliver strong, flexible bonds.
It has excellent adhesion to wood, gelcoat and fiberglass.
5200 forms a watertight, weather-resistant seal on joints and boat hardware, above and below the waterline.
In addition, its flexibility allows for dissipation of stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking.
5200 remains workable with trowel or spatula up to four hours after application.
It won't sag or flow in vertical or horizontal seams.
Note that 5200 forms virtually permanent bonds.
It is not recommended for applications where the need for removal or re-bedding is a possibility.
Although 5200 will soften with heat, and can be cut with razor wire, these desperate removal measures may not be practical in many situations.
• Tack-free: 30 hours
• Tensile strength: 700 psi
• Shore A hardness: 68
• Elongation: 750%
• Overlap shear strength for gelcoat (70°F): 519 psi
• Forms permanent bonds
• Excellent resistance to weathering and salt water
• Do not use in high temperature applications (over 190°F)
• Not recommended for the installation of glass, polycarbonate or acrylic windows unless they are also mechanically fastened
• Prime metal surfaces before using